Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sexy Noses

I must say, I feel extremely strange writing this, but I have recently realized just how amazing noses are. It all started in ceramics... Currently, I am crafting an epic triple face vase (it is what it sounds like, a vase with three faces sculpted on) with my talented pottery partner, Mara. It's actually working pretty well! She's quite good at crafting mouths, as well as eyelids, and I specialize in eyeballs and noses. At first when I began sculpting the two noses I thought "Oh, this will be easy! They're just noses! All the same."
Oh, how wrong I was! The longer I worked on the noses, the more obsessed I became! I started with simple noses, but as I progressed I realized how much personality is in each nose. By the end of the day, one of the noses I was commissioned to do was severely hunched, with a wart at the nape between the eyes! It was extremely fun to make, especially the flaring nostrils... The second nose was lumpy and fat, with notably small nostrils and a thick Roman bump at the middle, quite fascinating actually.
Needless to say, for the rest of the day I was spellbound by the noses of my peers. I literally could not take my eyes of the noses! I spotted adorable button noses, bent and broken ones, and one especially attractive, absurdly straight one. In fact, I was literally checking out the latter nose, don't judge me... The possessor was significantly creeped out, but it's okay because guess what! My nose is cute too! I've got that stereotypical 5-year old nose, a ski-slope bridge and a button tip. Come to think of it, Clara Bear also has a great nose! It's a little Roman and its got a cleft tip! You go girl!
Yes, I know what you're thinking "Wow, she's a real nose-obsessed creep! I think I'll stop reading this blog now..." But stop. Do not act all high and mighty with me! I just happen to have noticed what many mortals have overlooked: Noses. Noses, noses, noses. They're beautiful. It sounds weird, but think about it: noses are planted in the exact center of our faces! Besides our eyes, our noses are the first attribute that people notice about us. And, contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as an unattractive nose! Even if your nose is currently 'out of style' (psh, as if) that just means it has personality! And if your nose has personality, I envy you because I wish I could sculpt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment